In Istanbul, label variables are visible on Service Portal even without logging in.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Login to any Istanbul Instance. (emprsolankie).
2. Make sure $sp is set to true in sys_public.list
3. Check the "Public" checkbox in the following widgets:
SC Catalog Item
SC Popular Items
4. Check the "Public" Checkbox on the following Servie Portal Pages:
5. Now open the instance in Incognito window and access the Service Portal.
6. Look for any item which has a label variable.
In OOB, there are few examples: Standard Laptop, Sales Laptop, etc.
>>> Sales Laptop: https://emprsolankie.service-now.com/sp?id=sc_cat_item&sys_id=e212a942c0a80165008313c59764eea1
You can see that the Label variables is displaying.
Expected behavior: Label variable should not display as you are not logged in, just like other variables.
Actual Behavior: Label variable is displaying.
This issue is fixed Jakarta onwards. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1261953