Dependent variable of type "lookup select box" does not honor ORDERBY on reference qualifier in Service Portal
Business Impact: When a select box with a large list of records in it is displayed, customer would like to order by sequence to give a lower value to the records that are most likely to be selected, makes it a better user experience when users fill out the form.
Issue was reproduced in Kingston and Jakarta
Steps to Reproduce
In an out of box Kingston instance:
- Import attached update set
- got to /nav_to.do?uri=/sys_choice_list.do%3Fsysparm_query%3DnameSTARTSWITHincident%255Eelement%253Dcategory%26sysparm_first_row%3D1%26sysparm_view%3D
- change the sequence of the records returned
- go to /nav_to.do?uri=/sys_choice_list.do%3Fsysparm_query%3DnameSTARTSWITHincident%255Eelement%253Dsubcategory%255Edependent_value%253Dnetwork%26sysparm_first_row%3D1%26sysparm_view%3D
- Add a sequence to the records returned, when doing this make it so that when ordering by sequence they are not alphabetical. Ex: ip address, wireless, dns, dhcp, vpn
- Go to /sp?id=sc_cat_item&sys_id=3f1dd0320a0a0b99000a53f7604a2ef9
- Under Category, select Network from the dropdown, notice that the category is sorted by sequence based on the reference qualifier on the variable
- Under Subcategory, when the dropdown is selected, notice how it is ordered alphabetically and not by the sequence as set in the reference qualifier
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or future releases. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions regarding this problem, contact ServiceNow Customer Support.
Related Problem: PRB1256488