In the new "SC Order Guide" widget introduced in Kingston, the "Order Confirmation" ignores the information you input in the "Delivery Information" field. It populates the request with the value of the "Location" field of that sys_user record.
Therefore, if a user does not have the Location field populated in the [sys_user] record, the Delivery Address field in the Request record displays blank even if the delivery information has been specified.
Similarly, if a user does have the Location field correctly populated, the Delivery Address field in the Request record displays that information instead of the new address specified in the order confirmation screen.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Login a Kingston instance with the new "SC Order Guide" Service Portal widget.
2. Open the Service Portal.
3. Open to "New Hire" Order Guide.
4. Fill out all the required fields, click 'Next' and then 'Order Now'.
5. Verify you get the "Order Confirmation" pop-up.
6. Expand the Delivery Information.
7. Enter any delivery address and click 'Checkout'.
8. Navigate to the new Request that has just been created.
9. Configure > Form Layout > Add the "Delivery Address" field to the form.
Notice the field is either left blank, or contains an incorrect address not reflecting the address entered in the Delivery information field.
This issue was fixed in London. Please review the Fixed In section to determine the latest available patch your instance can be upgraded to.
As a workaround, consider this issue only occurs on requests created from Order Guides, not through a Catalog Item Request.
Related Problem: PRB1291725