The ServiceNow ODBC driver might produce an error message with "[DataDirect][ODBC OpenAccess SDK driver][OpenAccess SDK Client]Failed to initialize the Service component", when the driver is installed on a Windows Server 2016, or Windows 10 host.
This is might happen for both the 32 and 64 bit versions.
Steps to reproduce:
- On Windows Server 2016 or Windows 10 host, download the driver per the following doc:
2. Take all the default settings on the install.
3. Go to the Microsoft ODBC Admin console to configure the DSN.
4. Set the Custom Properties to: url=https://<instance_name>.service-now.com
5. Click 'Apply'.
6. Click 'Test Connection'
You might get the following error message.
[SN][ODBC ServiceNow driver][ServiceNowClient]Failed to initialize the Service component.
This issue happens because some of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 libraries are not installed on (or bundled with) Windows Server 2016, or Windows 10 systems. In order to mitigate the issue, please install the appropriate package from the following links:
- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523 (x64)
- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328 (x86)