On Vendor Portal, the survey responses are truncated after "&" ampersand sign in String fields.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Install the following plugins:
GRC: Vendor Risk Assessment Designer [com.snc.vdr_risk_asmt_designer]
GRC: Vendor Risk Management [com.sn_vdr_risk_asmt]
Vendor Core [com.snc.vendor_core]
Vendor Management Service Portal [com.snc.vendor_portal]
2. Navigate to Vendor Risk > Assessments > All Open Assessments.
3. On any of the active assessments, change the Vendor, for example, to Adobe Systems.
4. Impersonate user "Adobe User - A".
5. Navigate to https://<instance-name>.service-now.com/vdp
6. Click on Quality Assessment Risk assessment of vendor Adobe Systems.
7. Click on Sample under Request.
8. Go to Section B.
9. In one of the String fields (String - Single Line OR String - Single Line Wide), type "Test & Test".
10. Click Save at top of the form.
11. Refresh the page.
12. Navigate to section B again and check the field.
Note that the text is truncated to just "Test".
13. In one of the the fields, type "Test @#$^*() Test"
Repeat steps 10-12.
Note that the text remains as it is with the other special characters "Test @#$^*() Test".
In string fields of Vendor Portal assessment, the text should not be truncated if "&" is used in the response.
In string fields of Vendor Portal assessment, the text is truncated if "&" is used in the response.
This issue is under review. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In and Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have or are planned to have a permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1293531