Users with SNC_READ_ONLY role, are not able to view PIVOT Reports.
If the same user, with the same roles run the same report but changing the REPORT TYPE from PIVOT to LIST, the report will run.
Steps to Reproduce
- As security administrator, access the 'Users' module and select 'Abel Tuter'.
- Assign Abel Tuter the roles 'itil' and 'snc_read_only'.
- From Reports > Create New name the new report and set the following: Table=task, Type=pivot, Row=Assigned to, Column=Active.
- Save and extend the Save dropdown menu to select Sharing.
- Within the sharing options, select 'Everyone' and Require role 'itil'.
- Close the sharing window and Save the record.
- Impersonate Abel Tuter and access newly created report. Note the expected graph does not show:
- As administrator again, access the created report in step 3.
- Change the report type as Multilevel Pivot, populate the Row field to 'Assigned to', and Column to 'Active'.
- Impersonate Abel Tuter, access the newly created record. Note the graph renders successfully.
The newer Multilevel Pivot are a better alternative to the pivot tables used in Istanbul, which are now deprecated.
Related Problem: PRB1165318