Event Management vRealize Connector out-of-box configuration loads the MID server's JVM Memory/CPU to 100% and throws out-of-memory exceptions.
Worker-Interactive:ConnectorProbe *** Script: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Worker-Interactive:ConnectorProbe SEVERE *** ERROR *** java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Worker-Interactive:ConnectorProbe DEBUG: Event: GenericScalarMetricEvent
Worker-Interactive:ConnectorProbe Slow execution (#######ms) of script: probe:vRealizeJS
Steps to Reproduce
- Configure a MID server with 8 GB memory and associate it with the vROPS connector.
- The connector will always fail with the out of box vRealizeJS MID server script include configuration, due to the load on the MID server caused by the huge amount of received events.
This problem has been fixed from the London release. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
If a workaround is necessary, due to being unable to upgrade immediately, please do the following:
- Navigate to MID Server - Script Includes, and open the "vRealizeJS" MID Server Script Include.
- Change the values assigned to the variables in lines 11 and 12 to these lower values:
var MAX_EVENTS_TO_FETCH = 1000; //Line 11 var DAYS_BACK_AT_FIRST_RUN = 1; // Line 12
- In the vROPS connector configuration:
Set the value of Event collection schedule (seconds) to 600
Related Problem: PRB1253439