Large Product description entered by customer causes issue with User Menu where use can cannot user the User Menu Option.
Steps to Reproduce
- Go to any Jakarta Patch 8 instance
2. Go to sys_properties table and look for glide.product.description.
3. In the Value enter the following
Service <a href="https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ITCustomerPulseCheck" target="_blank">SurveyLink</a>
5. You will see clicking on the link works and opens it in a New window
6. Now enter : ServiceNow DEV - Canada Environment <a href="https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ITCustomerPulseCheck" target="_blank">SurveyLink</a>
7. You will see that the banner frame is now disrupted and User Menu is not clickable anymore.
- Go to the System Definition > Dictionary
- Search for Table = "core_company" and Column Name = "banner_text"
3. Change the Max Length of the Dictionary entry from 100 to 512
Related Problem: PRB1275075