When the article has a special character (like &, ', <, >, etc) in the title or content, users are not able to access the article via the kb_view.do page, this happens when one of the following properties is set to false:
- Escape Text (glide.escape.text)
- Escape All Script (glide.escape.all_script)
For customers running Jakarta and older, this problem does not surface.
Steps to Reproduce
- Set the property glide.ui.escape_all_script to false.
- Make sure that there is an & symbol in either article name or content, or add one.
- Log in as the knowledge admin.
- Navigate to the article mentioned in step 2.
A blank page shows up.
As a workaround, please set properties glide.ui.escape_text and glide.ui.escape_all_scripts to TRUE.
Please review the doc link for further details on these properties: https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/jakarta-platform-administration/page/administer/security/concept/c_HighSecuritySettings.html
Related Problem: PRB1285875