Duplicate switch and router records being created when discovery schedule is running.
- The reclassification of the CI (CI class is getting toggled between a router and a switch)
- This causes a situation where the Identification Reconciliation Engine receives two payloads from discovery at the same time with same name for IP Switch and IP Router.
- During reclassification, it first deletes the existing record and inserts a new one with the same sys id.
- If there is a second payload that comes between the delete and insert it won't able to match on name, resulting in creating a duplicate.
- Usually there is mis-classification between router and switch CI's when the sys object OID is not received in the SNMP - Classify probe payload.
- Based on the other OIDs that are received, the CI could be wrongly classified.
- To stop the mis-classification, add the following classification criteria under "Standard Network Switch" and "Standard Network Router" classification: "sysoid" does not equal empty value