Builds that are known to be affected:
Builds that are known NOT to be affected:
Jakarta and earlier
Confirmed in Chrome and Firefox
- An end user browsing an instance's CMS selects a reference icon to preview the record.
- The preview window briefly appears, then disappears.
Any end user navigating CMS sites (lists, or forms)
Investigations carried out so far and any findings:
- This only seems to impact List V2. Unable to confirm in List V3 when trying to reproduce.
List of knowledge articles researched:
Docs discussing the Reference icon preview 'New in Kingston:' https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/kingston-release-notes/page/release-notes/servicenow-platform/accessibility-rn.html
Steps to Reproduce
Must be a Kingston or later release using List V2 (List V3 disabled)
1. Access the instance
2. Impersonate Fred Luddy (or other user who is assigned incidents for testing purposes)
3. Navigate to Self Service CMS Page (<instance>.service-now.com/ess)
4. Select 'Issue status' (<instance>.service-now.com/ess/incident_status.do)
5. Select a reference icon in the list
Preview window should display
The window only displays for a moment before disappearing.
6. Select one of the records
7. Select the reference icon next to 'caller' field on the incident form.
8. Observe the same behavior.
The problem ticket associated with your incident has been reviewed by ServiceNow. After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and the cost and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or future releases. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Related Problem: PRB1261527