Service Portal Search: short description of catalog items are not translated in service portal search results
Steps to Reproduce
Prerequisite: Language plugin installed (eg: French)
- Login to OOTB Kingston instance (tested in Kingston Patch 7)
- Open sc_cat_item.list
- Choose items with common word in the Name so that more results are returned when searched in portal (eg: iPhone)
- Make sure Translated text is available for 'short description' for all these items in "sys_translated_text" table for the language french (text for short description in french should be different to that of english)
- Change your language to French from General>Settings
- Open Service Portal > Search widget and Search for "iPhone"
Actual Behavior: The Short description of only the first result is translated
Expected Behavior: Short descriptions of all the results should be translated
This issue is under review. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field to determine whether any versions have a permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1295452