In UI15, if Comments field is configured as a Journal Input type to add comments to the activity formatter on alm_asset records, adding comments does not work.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to the sys_dictionary record for alm_asset.comments.
2. Change Type to "journal input".
3. Set Audit to true.
4. Navigate to an alm_hardware record.
5. Configure the form layout and move the Comments field from the General tab to below the Work Notes in the Activities tab.
6. Click the filter icon for the Activities formatter and make sure Comments is added.
7. Click the gear icon in the upper right and ensure you are using UI16.
8. Enter a comment and click POST.
Note that the comment posts to the activity stream.
9. Switch to UI15 and try to post a comment.
Note that the comment does not post.
Create a new custom journal input field to use as comment field on the form.
Related Problem: PRB1295215