When Choice list for New Call Contact Type is set to Dropdown with --None--, selecting --None-- as the Contact Type on a New Call record is not honored when it's submitted.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Activate the Service Desk Call plugin.
2. Open the dictionary record for new_call.contact_type
3. Change the Choice from "Dropdown without --None --" to "Dropdown with -- None --" and save the change.
4. In the AppNav, click the New Call module to start a New Call record.
5. Set the Call type field to Incident.
6. Change Contact Type from the default of Phone to --None--.
7. Click Submit.
8. Open the incident record that was created.
Instead of the Contact Type on the incident record being --None— because that was the Contact Type selected on the New Call record before submitting it, on the incident record, the Contact Type is Phone.
This issue is under review. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1292458