Style on an SC catalog item Description text is not reflected for the item when it appears in a Service Portal order guide.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Navigate to Service Catalog > Maintain Items
2. Find and open the record for Name Standard Laptop.
3. Select all the text in the Description field.
4. From the TinyMCE editor menu, open the Text Color menu and select the red color.
5. Save the catalog item record.
6. Go to <instance>/sp
7. Do a search for Standard Laptop and open the item.
Notice that the Description text is red. This is expected.
8. In Service Portal, do a search for New Hire. (New Hire is an order guide.)
9. For the "What group is this person joining" variable, select Development. Then click Next.
10. Expand the Standard Laptop item.
Expected behavior: The Description text for the item should be displayed in red font, as it is when the item is opened separately in Service Portal.
Actual behavior: The Description text for the item, when viewed inside an order guide, is displayed in the default text color.
This issue is under review. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1294740