Alerts custom fields are being cleared out when the Alert is reopened
- When you click ‘New’ button, Designer loads all fields (non-system) on Alert table and place them under Transform and Compose Alert Output tab.
- The Custom fields are left blank by default and so are some of the OOB fields.
- Onload, all fields are marked as not dirty (not modified) on client side.
- When user save the rule, backend logic loops over all form elements and check to see if they are dirty (modified). An em_compose_field record is created for each ‘dirty’ element.
- If a field has data and then blanked out, then an em_compose_field record will be created, mapping the value for that field to a blank value. Similarly, if a field has no value and a value is entered and and then removed. The field is still marked as dirty and an em_compose_field record with blank value mapping is created as well.
Note: If the Alert is reopened, the value of those fields will be blanked, due to this mapping.
Remove the record from the em_compose_field which has a mapping to those blank fields.