When creating an Incident from a Call (new_call), the description contains un-encoded HTML in it, such as tags and <> symbols.
Steps to Reproduce
- Install the Service Desk Call plugin.
- Set the system property glide.ui.escape_text to false.
- Navigate to Service Desk Call > New Call.
- Set the Call Type to Incident and add a Caller.
- Add some text into the description as well as some blank lines and a < symbol.
- Click Submit.
- Click the Link to the new incident created.
- Add the Description field to the form and see it has some HTML elements.
Observe the description is formatted, but showing raw HTML tags.
This problem is fixed in London, where the Business Rule responsible for the new record insert, CallTypeChanged (sys_script_691ead21eb000100a04d4910f206fef7), has been modified replacing the following getHTMLValue occurrences:
gr.description = current.description.getHTMLValue();
gr.description = current.description;
gr.comments = current.description.getHTMLValue();
Related Problem: PRB1235564