Duration field that is set to read-only through UI policy or client script does not honor the change in values made through client scripts
Steps to Reproduce
- Hop into any out of the box Jakarta Instance
2. Navigate to incident and open any record
3. Right click on header and configure-> form layout
4. In Create new field section , Name: time_dur, Type: Duration click "Add". and click "Save"
5. Create a UI policy on incident table by navigating to incident.list and right click on column header and configure-> ui policies
6. Click on "New" and make the field time_dur as Read only
7. Change the value of theDuration field through a client script or using g_form.setValue in console.
ex: g_form.stValue('time_dur', 11,2:30:35);
8. Save the form.
The updated value in the Duration field will be saved
You will see the value goes back to Zero
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided not to address this issue. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions regarding this problem, contact ServiceNow Customer Support.
Related Problem: PRB1246810