Timezone choices are always displayed as per value set in glide.sys.language ignoring what user has selected as the instance language after activating the translation plugin.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Login a pre-Madrid instance as administrator.
2. Install the Japanese language plugin.
3. Open the system property "glide.sys.language" and make sure its value is set as 'en'.
4. Click on the gear icon to switch language to Japanese.
5. Go to Basic Configuration UI16 ( /nav_to.do?uri=/$system_properties_ui.do%3Fsysparm_title%3DSystem%2520Configuration%2520UI16%26sysparm_category%3DSystem%2520Configuration%2520UI16 )
6. Check the dropdown box "System timezone for all users unless overridden in the user's record".
7. Change the value of the system property "glide.sys.language" to 'ja'.
8. Repeat steps 5-6 and observe the timezone choices are displayed in Japanese.
9. Click on the gear icon and switch language to English.
10. Repeat steps 5-6 and observe the timezone choices are still in Japanese instead of being translated to English.
This problem was fixed in Madrid, where the session language is used rather than default language for the timezone picker. There is no workaround applicable. Please review the Fixed In section to determine the latest available patch your instance can be upgraded to.
Related Problem: PRB1293582