In an anonymous chat, the user agent's name and avatar are not visible until the end user refreshes the page.
Steps to Reproduce
As a prerequisite, install the Consumer Service Portal plugin [om.glide.service-portal.consumer-portal]. This includes everything needed for the Anonymous Chat to work.
1. Navigate to user Admin Users
2. Search for and select Beth Anglin
3. Add the "sn_customerservice.consumer_agent" role to Beth
4. Add Beth to the Product Support group.
5. Impersonate Beth
6. In another browser without logging in, navigate to <instance_name>.service-now.com/csp (the consumer service portal )
7. Hit the header menu item "Live Chat"
8. Type in test information and make sure the issue type is Product
9. Click Submit.
10. As Beth, click the accept button in the chat sidebar
11. As Beth send some messages.
Note that the message text shows in the guest's chat window, but the agent's name and avatar are missing.
After reloading the chat window, note that the agent's name and avatar are now shown.
As a workaround, the end user needs to refresh the chat window (right-click > reload).
Related Problem: PRB1253523