Steps to Reproduce
- Open an OOB Jakarta/Kingston instance on MS Edge browser (Windows 10)
- Navigate to any record which has an attachment
- Download the attachment. You will get a pop up to save the document - sys_attachment.do
- Navigate to the folder where the attachment is saved
- The file is saved as sys_attachment.do, and not the correct file name and extension.
- The file can no longer be accessed by the user, as the system identifies the extension as *.do which is not recognized.
The file extension has to be changed manually in order to access the file.
The same behavior on Chrome, Firefox & Safari works perfectly fine, and the file is downloaded correctly.
At the time the file is downloaded, the prompt to select the location set the name of the file as --> "FILENAME.EXTENSION" (Eg: "word_document.doc", "excel_document.xls")
The name and extension should be in double quotes.
Related Problem: PRB1291212