The Delete UI action is overridden when implementing the Encryption Configuration feature that was incorporated beginning with the Kingston release.
Steps to Reproduce
- Activate the Encryption Support and Domain Support plugins.
- Once the plugins are installed, verify that a UI action for the sys_platform_encryption_configuration called Delete exists.
- If two UI actions exist, delete the list UI Action and keep the one set for the form.
- NOTE: This step is important because the issue is caused by the way the sys_ui_actions with the same action name are queried. The list UI Action for delete does not have the sysverb_action as its Action Name like the Form one does.
- Go to any record that displays the Delete button globally, such as an incident.
- Note that the Delete button does not appear.
Currently this issue can be resolved one of two ways:
- Remove the override value from the sys_platform_encryption_configuration UI action manually.
- Change the Action Name column of the Delete UI action on sys_platform_encryption_configuration.
Workaround for releases beginning with Kingston:
- As admin, navigate to System UI > UI Actions.
- Filter for sys_id is 4f72e69b37333200d62004368e41f1dc.
- If the Overrides column isn't present on the list view, personalize the list and add it. The value in the Overrides column will be Delete (which is a reference to the global Delete UI action).
- Double-click inside the Overrides column to the right of the Delete value without actually clicking the Delete value.
- In the reference box that displays, clear the Delete value then click the green checkmark to save the change.
After these steps, the Delete UI action on the sys_platform_encryption_configuration table will no longer override the global Delete UI action.
Related Problem: PRB1258699