While changing the classes, if any data Policies or business rules that can abort the insert/update change leads to CI record deletion or loss of CI.
Steps to Reproduce
- Assume two tables that extend from the table cmdb_ci_computer. (Say table1 and table2 extended from cmdb_ci_computer.)
- Assume one field on each of these tables (say column1 on table1 and column2 on table2).
- Create a data policy on table2 and set column2 as mandatory. (AND/OR create a business rule on table2 and set it to abort action if the column2 is empty).
- Create a record on table1. (say record1).
- Try change the class on above record (record1) from table1 to table2.
In this event, the class change will fail because of data policy/abort business rule.
This is expected but the original table1 record gets deleted/lost.
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or future releases. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Related Problem: PRB1282564