End-of-central-directory signature not found when unzipping a MID Server installer to Linux
After downloading the MID Server into a Linux server, and when attempting to unzip the package file, the error below is gets thrown:
$ unzip mid.<version>-mm-dd-yyyy__patchx-xxxx.linux.x86-64.zip
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on the last disk(s) of this archive.
Unzip can not find the line of code that signals the end of the archive. Given the usual large size of the mid server package, the file is probably corrupted during download.
- Use the command
unzip -tto check if the zip file is damaged.
- In case it is damaged, download the Mid Server file again.
- Download the file once more.
- Unzip the file in Windows environment.
- Transfer the file into the Linux server in binary mode.
- Unzip the file on Linux environment.