When a user follows a task record, the user gets the updates from the task records in the Connect chat window. If the update has [code] tags they are not rendered correctly in the Connect chat window, instead they are rendered as HTML code.
Steps to Reproduce
Make sure the Connect plugin is activated
- Log on to any out of the box instance
- Impersonate an ITIL user, for example, "Fred Luddy"
- Navigate to task.list and open any of the active task records
- "Follow" the task record.
- Impersonate another ITIL user, for example, "David Loo"
- Navigate to the same task record
- Enter a comment/work notes as follows:
[code]<b>This text will be bold. </b>[/code]
- Impersonate back to user "Fred Luddy" and open the Connect Chat window.
HTML code is rendered in the Connect chat window
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and the cost and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or near future releases.
We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience. You can submit an Enhancement Request from the Self-Service portal on HI, and Subscribe to this article for future updates.
Related Problem: PRB914323