An unexpected string JSON error message appears in text analytics widget when an invalid indicator-breakdown relationship is present in the instance.
Steps to Reproduce
- Configure a Performance Analytics Widget the type of Text by following the instructions in the documentation Text analytics and text widgets.
- Set an invalid indicator-breakdown relationship in your instance (see the Workaround section for more information).
- Open the widget in a dashboard and observe the error messages:
"Unexpected string in JSON at position ..."
"Cannot read property start_at of undefined"
This problem was fixed since Kingston Patch 7.
An indicator-breakdown relationship record in the [pa_indicator_breakdowns] table is considered invalid if:
- an indicator or breakdown field is empty:
- an indicator-breakdown relationship is duplicate (PRB1293827/KB0714299)
These invalid relationships could have been created by:
- scripts that turn off business rule and workflows
- duplicate or incomplete update sets
Deleting the invalid records allows the widget to refresh with no error.
Important Note: if the instance is domain-separated, do not delete duplicates, but contact SN support.
Related Problem: PRB1211079