On a suggestion field, when opening the drop-down lookup and selecting a sys_choice entry, if this contains a special character in its label (like apostrophe or dash), the AJAX call (xmlHttp) fails causing the selected value to not populate the suggestion field.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Login any instance as administrator.
2. Define a choice list field as follows:
The [short_description] field is by default defined as a suggestion field.
3. Navigate to one of the open incident records.
4. In the Short Description field, click on the suggestion icon.
5. From the opened lookup list, select the entry "I'm Batman".
You will notice the AJAX call breaks due to the apostrophe, and the Short Description does not get populated with the selected value.
This issue is under investigation and there is no fix currently available. You can Subscribe to this known error article to be notified when more information will become available.
Related Problem: PRB1257272