If a record in a list view of a table is right-clicked, a context menu item named "Add to Visual Task Board" show up as shown in the below screenshot:
If this is selected, it generates a pop-up where it asks for which Visual Task Board (VTB), you want to add the record for. However, there are cases when this pop-up generates "Page not found" error as shown below:
Any supported release.
- "Add to Visual Task Board" here is a UI action which is visible only in context menu as "List Context Menu" checkbox is set to true (and "List v2 Compatible" to true).
- If you open this UI action, the script is responsible for generating the pop-up, a.k.a, iframe with the mentioned URL.
- Out-of-the-box, at line 7 the iframe URL is defined:
iframe : "$vtb_add_to_board.do?sysparm_record_id=" + taskSysID + "&sysparm_table_name=" + tableName + "&sysparm_nostack"
- If the above URL misses the "$" sign and if it's written as, you will get "Page not found" error as depicted in the above screenshot:
iframe : "vtb_add_to_board.do?sysparm_record_id=" + taskSysID + "&sysparm_table_name=" + tableName + "&sysparm_nostack"
- The reason being that VTBs are purely angular-powered and adding a dollar sign in the URL makes the $scope object capture the whole page as a unit unlike non-dollar sign URLs.
- The UI action if it's customized should be thoroughly reviewed and above information shall be considered for this weird behavior.
Please refer to our product documentation for more details on Visual Task Boards (Kingston): Visual Task Boards