Multiple Assets are getting created at the same time by the same user unexpectedly.
- The assets are generated when a user creates a Model or changes a Model Category in an existing Model.
- This action triggered the 'Sync model category' Business Rule which looks up all CIs, corresponding to the Category's CI Class, that do not have an asset linked, and then create assets for them.
- These are not duplicate assets, but are assets for other CIs with the same Model, that were missing their linked Asset at the time. Those other CIs were in effect bad data, because they should have had an asset linked according to the current Model Categories and Models settings.
This is the expected behaviour given how your Models and Model Categories are set up. If you don't want this to happen in this situation, then please review your individual (Hardware) Models to see if auto asset creation is desired. If not, configure the affected Model's Asset tracking strategy field as desired by following the below steps:
- Go to the Product Catalog -> Models (cmdb_model) table and open the model record.
- Change the Asset tracking strategy field in the General section to 'Don't create asset' (or 'Leave to category' if you do want assets for all CIs of this model)
- Consult the Documentation for further information on Model record fields and Asset and CI Management in general.