In Helsinki and Geneva instances, the knowledge search is unusually slow when knowledge articles have a large number of attachments included in the articles.
Steps to Reproduce
- Logon to any Helsinki or Geneva patch 7 OOB instance
- Create multiple articles with large number of attachments
- Go to Knowledge home
- Search for words present in one of the articles (that has large number of attachments)
- Search returns after over 50 seconds in Helsinki and Geneva instances with Helsinki being the slowest, which should not be the case
- Same Search via Global or List text search comes up faster with results
- Same search in Fuji instance is also fast and returns in approx. 5 seconds
The workaround which works only for a single word search is to add the following attribute to the dictionary kb_knowledge collection:
If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field to determine the versions that have a permanent fix to this issue. You can subscribe to this known error article (click the Subscribe button at the top of the article) to receive notifications when more information is available about this issue.
Related Problem: PRB686568