When trying to update variables in variable editor through a catalog task, the changes are not saved..
Most Probable Cause
There can be one of the two possibilities (or sometimes both) and both focuses on how your "sc_task" table's form layout is configured:
- The form layout might have been configured to display the variable editor twice.
- Or, you have a dot-walked field pulled up with name "Variables" and it will show in the form layout something like: "Requested Item.Variables"
As the variable is not being updated in both places, the value reverts to the original value.
What's The Fix?
It's pretty straightforward:
1. Open a catalog task .
2. Open the context menu on the form header: Configure > Form Layout
3. Locate the section with the duplicate variable editor or the dot-walked field.
4. Select the component on the right slush-bucket and move it to left side.