The first time you link a homepage to a PA Dashboard a record on [pa_tabs] is created, which links the homepage with the pa_tab. When you unlink the tab from the dashboard, the record in the [pa_tabs] table is not deleted, it is considered "unlinked". Steps to reproduce:
- Navigate to Homepage Administration > Pages > New.
- Create a new Homepage and click Save.
- Navigate to Performance Analytics > Dashboards.
- Open a dashboard and click + to add content to it.
- From the Or link an existing homepage choice list, select the homepage created in step 2.
- Click Link this homepage.
- Click Edit, then click on the down arrow for the newly created tab and select Unlink this tab.
- Navigate to Homepage Administration > Pages and edit the name of the homepage created in step 2.
- Navigate to the dashboard edited in step 4 and try to link the renamed homepage to the existing tab.
Result: The homepage is not found. The homepage is in the choice list labeled Or link an existing tab.