This applies mostly to task-based records such as Incident, Problem, Change Request, etc... any record which may have comments, work notes, or other journal fields displayed on a form via some sort of Activity Formatter.
These entries should be identical following a clone, but sometimes these types of records are moved by other means, such as Export to XML, followed by an XML Import.
Figure 1.1 - displays an original activity feed. This incident is one which may be exported.
Figure 2.1 - displays a common example of what a user may see after importing a record. You can see the conversation appears out of order and does not have the expected timestamps.
Figure 3.1 - this is the history view of an incident. We will use the Delete action in this KB.
Figure 4.1 - this is the audit [sys_audit] data which is missing on the target instance. We see how to export all necessary data from the originating instance in this screenshot.
Steps to Relief
- In the originating instance, copy the Sys_ID of the record (ex: navigate to INC0010017 and copy the Sys_ID)
- Still in the originating instance, navigate to <instanceName>.service-now.com/sys_audit_list.do?sysparm_filter_only=true
- Build a filter where Document Key is <record_sys_id> and Run. You should see results similar to Figure 4.1.
- If needed, you can sort or match to only display the affected journal fields. Look in the Field Name column for something like Comments or work_notes.
- Right-click and select Export >> XML.
- Navigate to the target instance.
- The target instance should already have the affected record imported and exhibit the issue (Figure 2.1)
- Navigate to any list in the target instance and use the Import XML option to import the file downloaded from Step 5.
- Navigate to the target record (Figure 2.1 again)
- Right-click the form header and select History >> List. You should see something similar to Figure 3.1.
- Select the Delete UI Action.
- Now the target record should reload, and the Formatter should use the new [sys_audit] data to correctly render the journal entries. The instances should now match.