When using custom orchestration activities in a workflow that precedes a join activity, when the join activity is executed, a Null Pointer Exception prematurely terminates the workflow execution.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to Service Catalog/Catalog Definitions/Maintain Items.
- Create a catalog item.
- Next to the Workflow field, click the lookup icon.
- Next to Workflow at the top, click New to create a workflow with an Orchestration activity and a Join activity.
- Click Try it and then Order Now to order the item.
- Navigate to the requested item you just created.
- In the Catalog Tasks related list, change the state of tasks to Complete.
- Refresh the related list and click Show Workflow.
Note: An error occurs when the workflow reaches the Join activity.
Related Problem: PRB1270381