After upgrading to any release pre-Kingston Patch 7, the tables asmt_template and asmt_template_definition contain invalid sys_metadata records, due to incorrect reparenting during the upgrade process.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Login a non-upgraded instance from an earlier release (Helsinki, Istanbul, Jakarta)
2. Make a note of the number of records in asmt_template_definition.list
3. Upgrade that Instance to an early Kingston patch
4. Check the asmt_template_definition.list and observe missing records
5. In new upgraded Kingston patch 2 instance, navigate to sys_metadata and set class > is > ( either of the 2 tables classes that are affected) and take note of the number of records
6. Navigate to the listview of either of the tables and take note of the number of records. Notice an obvious difference in sys_metadata records as opposed to list view, per table.
This problem is fixed in upcoming patches. Customers encountering this issue after an upgrade should contact SN support to apply the data alignment procedure on the instance database.
Related Problem: PRB1257594