Automated Test Framework aka ATF tables are meant to be preserved using update sets. However,this article describes another way of preserving ATF related configurations before cloning over.
List of ATF tables that need to be preserved before the clone
|2.||Test Step Environment||sys_atf_step_env|
|3.||Scheduled Suite Run||sys_atf_schedule_run|
|6.||Test Step Config Category||sys_atf_step_config_category|
|8.||Test Suite Test||sys_atf_test_suite_test|
|11.||Test Step Config||sys_atf_step_config|
|12.||Step Result Transaction||sys_atf_transaction_mtom|
To preserve the contents of these tables, all 14 tables should be added to both exclude tables and preserved data modules on source instance. The four tables listed below are preserved as a part of base system already.
sys_atf_agent is a table of transient records. It is probably ineffective to ever keep records on this table longer than necessary.
Also, some tables from the above list are extended from sys_metadata. Including just the above tables did actually preserve the corresponding ATF data from sys_metadata as well without having to preserve sys_metadata itself.
Note: ATFs are meant to be captured using update sets. Exclude and preserve is used for preserving system settings and configuration, not the data records. If there are any tables in the provided list extended from any base table, or has a large number of records, the clone may fail or may not preserve the records on the table on the target instance.
ATF related system properties needed to be preserved before the clone
- sn_atf.runner.enabled - Determines if the ATF is enabled on the instance.
- sn_atf.schedule.enabled - Determines if the scheduled running of ATF test suites is enabled.
- sn_atf.schedule.suite_result_email.cancel_color - System property which determines the color to display within a system generated an email for a canceled ATF test.
- sn_atf.schedule.suite_result_email.error_color - System property which determines the color to display within a system generated an email for an ATF test which generated an error.
- sn_atf.schedule.suite_result_email.fail_color - System property which determines the color to display within a system generated an email for a failed ATF test.
- sn_atf.schedule.suite_result_email.pass_color - System property which determines the color to display within a system generated an email for an ATF test which passed.
- sn_atf.schedule.suite_result_email.skip_color - System property which determines the color to display within a system generated an email for an ATF test which was skipped for any reason.
- sn_atf.schedule.suite_result_email.max_depth - System property helping to determine the level of indentation to display within an email for ATF test suite results.
- sn_atf.schedule.suite_result_email.max_test_history - System property which determines how many test results to display in a system generated email showing the results of a test suite.
- sn_atf.schedule.suite_result_email.only_show_failed_results - System property which determines which types of test results to show in system generated emails for ATF tests.
- sn_atf.screenshots.mode - Property which determines if screenshots are enabled or disabled for the ATF.
- sn_atf.schedule.reports.suite.aging_threshold - System property which determines the number of past test results to display in the test suite aging report.
- sn_atf.runner.heartbeat.timeout - The amount of time a test runner will wait for any given test step before timing out (and reporting an error).
- sn_atf.runner.heartbeat.interval - System property containing the interval at which the test runner will send a communication to the server to indicate it is still processing.
- sn_atf.runner.offline_retention.timeout - System property determining the amount of time an idle test runner will remain active if not tests are run on it.
- sn_atf.debug - System property that determines if enhanced debugging is enabled in the ATF.
- sn_atf.screenshots.quality - The base system does not have an entry in sys_properties for this property, and it uses 25% by default in the Client Test Runner. However, if you’d like to change it to increase or decrease screenshot image quality, you can create a new sys_properties record with the name sn_atf.screenshots.quality and a value between 0-100.