Unexpected behavior of the "SC catalog item" widget encountered since Jakarta: While in the "SC Catalog Item" widget, when a user presses the Enter key in an input field, browser attachments dialog opens.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to https://<instance_name>.service-now.com/sp?id=sc_cat_item&sys_id=38c1fc840a0a0b2700285921c2bf5fc8.
- Set focus in any text input field and press Enter.
- Notice that this opens the attachment dialog box to select the file
Pressing the Enter key in a variable or field will trigger the last element on the page instead of submit.
This issue has been fixed. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
If you are not able to upgrade yet, perhaps one of these workarounds can provide temporary relief:
- Place the input fields outside the form tag, this will prevent the form from being submitted on pressing enter
- If the customer is using widget "SC Catalog Item Deprecated", try using the newer version of this widget: "SC Catalog Item": /nav_to.do?uri=sp_widget.do?sys_id=3c29786e87133200e0ef0cf888cb0bdf
Related Problem: PRB1189578