Users are getting Security constraints prevent access to requested page error when trying to select a service provider on creating or editing a notification device in the user preference window
The active service provider (cmn_notif_service_provider) records number has surpassed the specified value on the system property glide.ui.max_ref_dropdown causing the reference field to become a normal reference field from it being a drop-down type.
There are several solution options as per below that could be applied for this issue:
- Reduce the number of active cmn_notif_service_provider so it is 25 or less, or
- Increase the number of the system property glide.ui.max_ref_dropdown, or
- Create the appropriate table level read ACL on cmn_notif_service_provider so even if the reference field turns into a normal magnifying glass users would still have access (as long as they pass the ACL)
glide.ui.max_ref_dropdown has this description:
"Maximum number of records allowed for a reference field displayed as a choice list. If more records than this are available, default reference field UI is used."
This is the expected platform behavior:
- When reference fields are loaded as a dropdown, an unprivileged user can see them regardless of ACL.
- When there are enough references (meaning the active records surpassed the number specified on the property) it does a lookup that does respect ACL (so if no ACL is specified non-admin users will fail access by default).