Read-only multiple-choice type variables on requested item forms cannot be updated.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to Service Catalog > Maintain Items
- Select a catalogue item (e.g., Apple iPad 3)
- Scroll to Variables tab and press New
- Select type as Multiple Choice
- Tick Mandatory
- For the write, roles give it to admin
Note: If write roles field is not on the instance, add it by right-clicking in the header, choosing Configure Form Layout, and adding the field from there.
- Navigate to the catalog item where the variable was added to. For example, if Apple iPad 3 was selected, navigate back to the catalog item from Service Catalog > Maintain Catalogs
- On the top right, click Try it.
- Impersonate an ITIL User and go to sc_req_item.list
- Press the catalogue item requested and press the update UI action.
An error appears at the top of the page that indicates that the mandatory field must be filled in.
- Navigate to sys_properties.list
- Click the New button
- Define a new property glide.sc.use_sc_form_v2 of type true | false
- Set the value to false
Related Problem: PRB1253429