When using the all cap terms JOIN, ORDERBY, ORDERBYDESC, GROUPBY, TRENDBY as the value of a filter operator/value pair, the filter does not find the correct records.
If you search for the value "JOIN" in all caps, the matching list returns all records for both normal field value searches as well as text searches, but the lower case search will behave as expected. Other search terms that contain "JOIN" will cause the same behavior ("JOIN", "JOINT", "INNER JOIN" etc).
Steps to Reproduce
- Open a list of incidents.
- Change the breadcrumbs to be Short description contains JOINT.
- Issue the search.
Notice all records are returned and the breadcrumbs show blank.
- Issue a global text search for JOINT.
- Perform the same searches for joint (lowercase.
Notice this search behaves correctly.
- Create a record that has a string field starting with “JOINT.”
- From the list view, create the filter “starts with JOINT."
- Run the filter.
Notice records that meet the criteria are not found.
This problem has been fixed in Istanbul and forwards. An instance upgrade is necessary.
Related Problem: PRB592406