After upgrading to Jakarta, Service Catalog Catalog Items or Record Producers may no longer be functional and instead the system may display errors like the ones below:
- "The element type 'g2:evaluate' must be terminated by the matching end-tag '</g2:evaluate>'." or,
- "The element type "j2.while" must be terminated by the matching end-tag '</j2:evaluate>'."
Jakarta and later releases
- Stricter enforcement of jelly tags in compliance with coding best practices now require a close tag for every open tag, example '<j2:' open tag requires a matching close tag ' </j:'
- Customers with a customized version of the 'com.glideapp.servicecatalog_checkout_view' UI Page could run into this issue in different areas within Service Catalog depending on where the system encounters the missing close tag issue
- Switch to the attached out of box Jakarta Patch 7 XML file of the 'com.glideapp.servicecatalog_checkout_view' UI Page. Please be sure to have a backup of the customized version, prior to importing the attached XML of the UI Page into instance
- Alternately, customers may fix the issue in their customized version of the 'com.glideapp.servicecatalog_checkout_view' UI page by adding the missing close tags example ' </j:' as appropriate within the HTML script of the UI page
- To propagate the fix to remaining instances, customers may use Update Sets or Export/Import XML functionality provided by ServiceNow as per the links below
- Export/Import >>>>> https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/jakarta-platform-administration/page/administer/development-best-practices/concept/c_ExportAndImportXMLFiles.html
- Update Sets >>>>> https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/jakarta-application-development/page/build/system-update-sets/reference/get-started-update-sets.html