If multiple languages are enabled, the condition operators in the new UI report designer are displayed for all users, regardless of their language setting, in the language used by the first user who logged in and accessed the report designer after the last instance restart.
Steps to Reproduce
- As administrator with default language English, install a new language plugin (i.e. com.snc.i18n.french).
- Set the new language activated as default language for a non admin user (i.e. adela.cervantsz).
- Restart the instance.
- Log in as the non-admin user (i.e. adela.cervantsz) selecting French as language on the login page.
- Open the report Active Releases and expand the filters.
- Notice the available operators for the Active field are in French.
- Log in as admin or another user on default language, selecting English as language on the login page.
- Open the report Active Releases and expand the filters. Notice the available condition operators, i.e. on the Active field, are in French, although the user language is English.
- Alternatively, after step 3, log in first as a default English language user, and then switch to a French user. Notice the condition operators are in English even if the default user language is French.
This problem was fixed in Kingston Patch 8 and onwards. Please review the Fixed In section to determine the latest available patch your instance can be upgraded to.
If you encounter this issue on earlier releases and an upgrade is not possible yet, please open an incident for SN Customer Support to restart the affected instance node(s).
Related Problem: PRB1165671