Since Jakarta (enhancement PRB700710) it is now possible to paste images into HTML fields within the Service Portal. However, this feature does not add any attachment such as "Pasted Image.png" to the respective record.
In any record outside the Service Portal, if an HTML field is present, and an image is pasted into it, an attachment called "Pasted image.png" appears.
Steps to Reproduce
Make sure Service Portal plugin is enabled and make sure you are using Internet Explorer 11
1. Log into any OOTB Jakarta instance
2. go to incident.do from left navigation bar
3. Use Configure Form Layout to add an HTML field called "Test HTML" on the form
4. Use snipping tool to copy a screenshot, then paste it within the newly added HTML field.
5. Save the record
Notice that HTML field content is saved, and along with that an attachment called "Pasted image.png" is added to the record.
6. Go to the following link -
7. Paste the same image in Test HTML field
8. Save the record
Notice no attachment ("Pasted image.png") has been added to the newly created incident.
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and the cost and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or near future releases. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience. You can submit an Enhancement Request from the Self-Service portal on HI, and Subscribe to this article in case of future updates to this feature.
Related Problem: PRB1109943