The TinyMCE HTML editor is adding unexpected paragraph <p> tags in the code when opening and navigating inside the Source Code editor view.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Navigate to kb_knowledge.do
2. in the HTML editor, click the < > souce code button.
3. You should see <p></p>. Click just after then line or just before it.
4. Click 'OK'
5. Open the < > source code view again. Notice there is an additional <p></p>
6. If you continue this, you will notice that clicking continues to add additional <p> </p> paragraph tags.
Due to the limitations of the TinyMCE current version used in ServiceNow, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or near future releases. We do not make these decisions lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience. ServiceNow will continue to implement TinyMCE's improvements as they become available in future releases.
Related Problem: PRB1095336