Views associated with a role are not evaluated when users navigate there directly via the URL using sysparm_view. Users don't see the view as being an option when opening the context menu.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a new view on the incident table (for example, SNC Test).
2. Navigate to the sys_ui_view table and find the newly created view.
3. Open the record and associate the view with the Admin role.
4. Impersonate the Itil user and open an existing incident record.
5. Append "sysparm_view=snc_test" onto the end of the URL.
Note that the view should be the same as the previous view but instead it appears with the view specified in the URL.
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided not to address this issue. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions regarding this problem, contact ServiceNow Customer Support.
Related Problem: PRB1239197