Activating the plugin Service Portal - Service Catalog v2 (com.glide.service-portal.service-catalog available since Kingston) breaks the existing Service Portal sc_home page, which gets remapped to the sc_landing page.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Login a Jakarta instance.
2. Go to Service Portal > Pages.
3. Filter for ID = sc_home .
4. Open the matching record.
5. Click the Try It button.
6. From the popup, select /sp?id=sc_home .
7. Notice the Carousel widget on the top, the SC Categories widget on the left and the SC Popular Items widget in the middle.
8. Upgrade the instance to Kingston Patch 1 or later.
9. After the upgrade is completed, repeat steps 2-6. Notice that the sc_home page still has the same content/widgets.
10. Activate the Service Portal - Service Catalog v2 plugin.
11. After the plugin activation is completed, repeat steps 2-6.
Notice the sc_home page no longer has its original content. Opening the page in Designer shows it is now the sc_landing page instead of the sc_home page. Any customization the customer had done to the sc_home page is lost.
This is expected behaviour for the plugin since Kingston. The workaround steps below restore the URI /sp?id=sc_home to its previous state before the Service Portal - Service Catalog v2 plugin was activated.
1. As admin, navigate to Service Portal > Pages
2. Filter for ID is sc_home
3. Open the matching record
4. Change the ID to sc_home_orig
5. Save the record
6. Click the Clone Page button
7. On the cloned page record, change the following fields:
Title: Service Catalog
8. Save the record.
Related Problem: PRB1249209