Using add/remove multiple slushbucket on sc_task.parent.watch_list field causes unexpected [sc_task] records to be created.
Unable to save multiple values when using add/remove multiple in glide_list field that is dot-walked on a form.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to sc_task.list
- Note the total number of available Tasks.
- Click on the cog and add Parent to the list layout.
- Select any Task with a RITM as its Parent.
- Right-click on the header and Configure > Form Layout.
- Add Parent.Work notes list from Available to Selected and Save.
- Click on the lock icon for the work notes list, then click on Add/Remove Multiple. Note that a list of Tasks appears on the right bucket.
- Add any user from the right to the left bucket and Save.
- Tasks are pulled into the slushbucket which should contain users.
- Sometimes (but not always) the edited record will be deleted.
- Making the change causes a large number of Tasks to also be created. If you navigate to sc_task.list again, you'll see more records present than before.
Further use case
- Navigate to change_task.list.
- Open any record.
- Configure the Form Layout to add change_request.watch_list to the form.
- Click on the pad lock icon to expand the field.
- Click on the Add/Remove Multiple icon to display the slushbucket.
Note that in the right column there are a number of CTASK records.
- Select all of the items in the right column.
- Click the left arrow to remove the items from the right column.
- Click Save.
If you go back into the slushbucket, all of the items are listed again in the right column.
- Select a number of users from the left column.
- Click the right arrow to add them to the right column.
- Click Save.
Notice this is not saved when you re-open the slushbucket.
This problem was fixed in Helsinki and onwards.
Related Problem: PRB606350