Domain Validation process is unable to run successfully due to missing system fields on Domain table
Symptoms of Issue/Observed System Behavior:
In addition, Domain.Active and Domain.Primary fields may also be missing on such customer instances.
Lastly, following 2 Business Rules would also be missing from their instance and would need to be imported from an out of box instance on the same release version as customer:
- "Domain - Cache Default Domain Value"
- "Domain - Validate Default"
STEPs to RESOLVE this ISSUE:
- Hop on to the affected instance as a maint user with read/write access. (The steps below need to be done as maint)
- Go to System Definition > tables
- Filter the list where Table is domain and open the table record for the Domain table
- In the Column related list on the form, look for the 3 columns: Active, Default, and Primary
- Assuming you confirm these columns are missing on the instance, click the New UI Action on the Columns related list on the Domain table form to create these missing columns. Make sure to configure these columns exactly as per out of box settings.
- Go to Domain.list and set any one Domain record as the Default by setting the default field to True for that 1 record. Note: Only 1 domain record should have Default set to True
- Export the 2 business rules: "Domain - Cache Default Domain Value" and "Domain - Validate Default" from an out of box instance on the same release version as customer instance and with Domain Extensions Installer and other domain plugins active.
- Import these 2 business rules into customer instance
- Customer may proceed and delete the existing orphan records that the Domain Validation process has flagged, or set these orphan records to the Default domain, or the system should be able to handle setting them to the Default domain, once the Default field is added on customer instance and one of their existing domain records is set as the ‘Default’ domain
- Domain Validation should run successfully after following above steps and the domain paths should be set correctly by the Domain Validation process.