When replies to a meeting invite are sent by some email clients (e.g. Outlook), they are sent as a binary multi-part email to the instance.
When the system property glide.attachment.extensions is set, on some cases, the binary attachment extension can not be validated correctly. Inbound email action 'Process CAB meeting invite replies' is not recognising the "accept" replies when glide.attachment.extensions is set.
- The reply email simply has a VCALENDAR base64 encoded reply and the system is stripping this and saying it is a NULL or invite.ics attachment.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Set the property glide.attachment.extensions to 'xls,xlsx,doc,docx,pdf,png,jpg,jpeg,tif,tiff,gif,ics'
2. Setup a CAB meeting and send an email invite to a user
3. Make the invited user accept the invite through Outlook Calendar
4. Check the inbound email processing and inspect the email logs
You will see an attachment error message and the CAB meeting attendee status is not updated. You would receive the error 'The following attachments were excluded due to illegal file extension: <extension> (Excluded by glide.attachment.extensions)'.
This issue was fixed in Kingston, where attachments without a file extension are let through.
If a workaround is required on earlier instances, setting the system property glide.attachment.extensions to a blank empty space (not a null value) ensures the invitation is processed correctly.
Related Problem: PRB995286