Homepage dashboards with "Interactive Filters" could fail when loading if glide.rest.apis.disabled property is setProblem
ServiceNow is very flexible and allows you to control the REST API access with a sys_properties record named glide.rest.apis.disabled. It also allows you to disable ServiceNow-defined REST APIs by names. For example, if you set glide.rest.apis.disabled to "Table API,Scorecards API,Import Set API,Identification and Reconciliation API,Attachment API,Aggregate API," those REST API become unavailable.
The following symptoms occur:
- Dashboard 'Interactive Filters' fails to load the pages
- Table API, Aggregate API, Import Set API, or Attachment API are not on the available list on the REST API Explorer
- Many drop-down menus show a 'Loading failed' message
- REST API commands result on a message:
Requested URI does not represent any resource: /now/v2/<api>/<table>
Several modules use REST API to retrieve information from the instance. When the REST API become unavailable, features that depend on those REST APIs start failing.
- Navigate to the sys_properties form.
- Set the value of glide.rest.apis.disabled to (empty).
|Note: Setting glide.rest.apis.disabled could cause some features that depends on REST API to start failing.|